Welcome to the 2019 BIOMEDevice San Jose Speaker Center, designed to help speakers plan their engagements and promote their sessions. We are thrilled you will be presenting at our event!
BIOMEDevice San Jose
December 4-5, 2019
San Jose McEnery Convention Center
408 Almaden Blvd, San Jose, CA 95110
Center Stage Program Schedules
Speaker Registration & Benefits
As a Center Stage speaker, you receive a complimentary All Access Pass to the expo– we take care of getting you registered so you don’t have to. Upon arrival, you can retrieve your Speaker Badge at the Speaker Ready Room located in the back of Center Stage. Other benefits of speaking include:
- You receive access to all onsite networking activities, exhibitions, entertainment, and sponsored trainings.
- Your participation on faculty provides you and your company with professional exposure and is an opportunity to raise your profile within the advanced manufacturing and engineering community in the following ways:
- Your name, title, company, and biography will be featured on the 2019 BIOMEDevice San Jose event websites
- A chance to have your session promoted on all 2019 BIOMEDevice San Jose and affiliate Social Networks
- A chance to have your session featured on MD+DI newsletter. Please contact Conference Producer, Lucia Contreras at [email protected] to explore opportunities for features.
- Speak about your latest innovations, expertise, and company’s leadership before some of the most influential engineers and press in the field
- Your contribution will make a positive impact on the engineering community by sharing your knowledge and expertise.
- Check your Speaker Profile for accuracy
- Check your Session Schedule for accuracy
5. Promote your presence with the official hashtags
Important Deliverables & Deadlines
Please carefully review the following deliverables and deadlines required of all speakers. If you’ve already provided us with some or all of these items, please feel free to skip over this section.
September 10 - Speaker Agreement Due. Download, review, sign, and submit the agreement.
November 27 - Presentation Slides Due
November 27 - Mobile Phone Number & Twitter Handle Due
December 2 - Last Day to Submit Presentation Edits or Changes
December 4-5 - 2019 BIOMEDevice San Jose
Presentation Requirements & Submission Instructions
ALL slide submissions MUST follow the requirements below. Slide format must be 16:9
- Presentations must be submitted in a PDF and PPT format (contact your operations lead if this is an issue for you)
- Name the presentation file: SJ19_FirstFiveWordsofSessionTitle_YourLastName.pdf
- Submit your presentation here →
Standard Center Stage will include the following:
- 1 Podium Microphone
- 1 Wired Lavalier Microphone
- 2 Tabletop Microphones
- 1 LCD Projector With VGA Cable Connector
- Large Projector Screen (16:9)
- PC Laptop
Note that when conducting your presentation or participating on a panel, press may be present, including members of general and/or trade media. Please be advised not to include confidential information in your discussion unless preceded by an "off the record" disclaimer.
Marketing & Pre-Show Promotion
By agreeing to speak, you have become a vital part of the conference and thus an important element of pre-event promotion. Here’s how your involvement in pre-event promotion works:
- Social Media: If you’re on social media, we hope that you’ll socialize your participation and engage with your network about your speaking engagement at our event.
- Editorial Media: If you’re willing and available, we hope that you’ll give a pre-event interview by agreeing to speak with one of our staff editors about your scope of expertise and conference session. The world wants to hear about you and how you’re influencing your industry. Don’t miss the opportunity to get extra exposure by having a professional editorial piece written about you, as this content will be made public on our media sites and potentially included in our press releases.
- Note that our marketing and editorial teams will be promoting your participation through various media channels throughout the pre-event campaign. Please be prepared to have your name and professional photo used on our marketing platforms, including website, media blogs, and social media.
Social Media Tool Kit
Please refer the social media tools below to help you engage with your network.
- Event Hashtags: #biomedevice
- Turnkey Twitter posts:
- Example 1: Excited to be speaking at the #biomedevice on December 4-5th! See you there…
- Example 2: #biomedevice is going to be the best yet! I’ll be speaking at the BIOMEDevice San Jose event on December 4-5 with brand-new content on technology transfer. See you at the conference.
Center Stage Location
Upon arrival, proceed through the front entrance of the convention center and locate center stage on the floor:
- Central Stage: Booth #641
Speaker Ready Room Location
To check-in and pick-up your badge, go to the back of Center Stage. The Speaker Ready Room is for speaking faculty and event operations to discuss logistics, conduct meetings, prepare for presentations, and/or meet fellow panelists. If you need to provide us with an updated copy of your presentation, you’ll be able to find a staff member to help you here. The Speaker Ready Room is open from 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Wednesday and Thursday.
Lunch & Learns
Please contact Colleen Sepich at [email protected] to confirm your Lunch & Learn meeting room ahead of the event.
Hotel & Accommodations
To help you make hotel reservations, the 2019 BIOMEDevice San Jose event has partnered with Convention Management Resources (CMR) to offer a wide variety of hotels at the lowest rates available. Click here for more details.
To download the mobile app, search for BIOMEDevice San Jose in your app store on your phone. The mobile app provides access to the full conference schedule, onsite activities, networking events, theater programs, and the full list of exhibitors across all co-located shows.
- Make sure to bring a copy of your presentation with you on-site.
- If you have any additional A/V request(s), contact:
- Do not include sales pitches and commercial information in your presentations. Our conferences provide educational and informative presentations. Speakers who include self-promotional content will not be considered for future speaking opportunities.
- No sales/promotional handouts are to be distributed in the conference areas (including meeting rooms). Sales literature distribution is limited to exhibitor booths only. For more information or to learn about 2019 BIOMEDevice San Jose sponsorship and exhibiting opportunities, please contact [email protected].